Monday, January 7, 2008

Travelblog: STC goes to CES, part I

I've been begging people to guest travelblog on Machine Dot Girltron since its inception. SPECIAL TRAVEL CORRESPONDENT finally acquiesced. Here's the first of several posts to come from CES in Las Vegas.

8:18 AM
STC: first live blog entry:
           i'm in kennedy airport
STC: it's like they just remembered they had this place and decided to open it up, but forgot to clean it
STC: horrifying
           also
8:19 AM
           the internet connection barely works
STC: and star jones is appearing on the today show as an expert witness re: britney spears
me: oh wow
STC: i am one of a hundred thousand young executive assholes dicking around this airport, waiting to go to the consumer electronics show
me: i bet
STC: as always, i look the shabbiest by far.
me: aka the best!
8:20 AM
STC: but even this early, there have been pluses:
            1) they had sharffen berger chocolate at the gate
           2) the car took atlantic avenue all the way down to jfk, which was pretty interesting
8:21 AM
           2b) on the ride down, we drove past saumel underberg hardware, which is heavily featured in the fortress of solitude-- that was cool
           3) i made it here in time
           i wish i had pictures for you but i just don't
me: it's ok. i can google some stuff
STC: fun!
           yes!
           yes!
me: COLLAB
           ORA
           SHUN
STC: here's some more stuff if you're going to do an image search
           i ate a stale, chewy bagel
8:22 AM
STC: the coffee area looked like it had pretty much returned to a state of nature-- there was milk and coffee and creamer everywhere.
           awful, just awful
me: oh yikes
STC: shnikes
me: i don't live in beirut for a reason, naaahmean?
STC: I LIVE IN AMERICAN GOD DAMN IT
8:23 AM
           "you server yourself coffee," the coffee cashier said
           "I THOUGHT THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE AMERICA," i said
me: yeah that doesn't sit well with me AT ALL
STC: etc etc etc
           i leave it up to you to edit all of this
           blogster
           blogmistress
           BLOGGETTTTT
           not atall
8:24 AM
           okay
           it's time for me to go to nashvegas
           ooh
me: ok have a great fun time!
            laugh as much as you can!

No comments: