Sunday, January 7, 2007

8 year olds LOVE video games


Photo Credit- Ariel Goldberg
Today I went to my cousin Sam's 8th birthday party at Web2Zone (that's him from a few years ago with Floppy (rip 2006)). He and his friends got to play tons of video games on all different system and consoles. A few days ago Sam challenged me and whoever I brought to the party to a gaming showdown. BUT since all the friends I invited bailed (lame), I was left to face him alone. I totally wussed out because I'm the worst video game player ever and he's really good and I am not competitive at all and I don't like games that much. I think I made it up to him with my gift: Yoshi's Island for Nintendo DS. He texted me tonight to say that it was the only present he had opened and he hadn't stopped playing all afternoon. Score! Anyway, I was really shocked with the kids' gaming skillz. They just instinctively know how to play. It's amazing. I mean, kind of. Whatever. The point is, I got some free pizza and cookies.

3 comments:

tront said...

These damn kids don't need cell phones!!! They do need Yoshi's Island though and that is why young relatives will always be cooler than old relatives, 'cuz you know they need VGs and no one else does.

naomi said...

well in the spirit of an interesting narrative, i said that he texted me, but really it was his mom (my first cousin). he dictated though.

naomi said...

also as a post script to this entry, his mom texted me again this afternoon to say that he requested she bring the DS avec said game to the schoolyard because he wanted to resume play SOOOO BADLY ASAP.