Monday, January 15, 2007

A Quarter Century of Laura S.


I am not overstating when I say that the past 25 years have been made much better by the presence of Laura S. Even though I wasn't present for one.25 of those years, I'm sure everyone who was benefited greatly, whether they knew it or not. If anyone reading this doesn't know Laura, consider yourself very unlucky, extremely lame, and just less valuable than the rest of us.

The evening got started (sans Laura actually) with a failed attempt to eat bunnies at Al Di Là. There was a two hour wait and even the promise of ADL's braised rabbit with black olives and polenta wasn't worth that. Plus I'd just gorged on Annie's Organic Bunny Grahams (which are totes adorabes and much more detailed in their rendering of animal than Teddy Grahams (which I won't even deign to hyperlink because they are so busted in comparison)) so it was kind of like I had just eaten a lot of succulent bunnies.

In lieu of ADL, we went across the street to Moutarde. Sam commented that it looked exactly like Paris. I agreed. When we sat down at the table, they brought us all different kinds of mustards with crudité. Fun! They also have something on the menu called "Goat Cheese Pillows." I didn't ask. Save for some loud patrons at a neighboring table and the dry molten baked Valhorona chocolate cake, it was very enjoyable. GREAT DATE PLACE!!!1!!11

Laura met us at the restaurant bearing a new hairdo (recently acquired from Bay Ridge) and cupcakes (recently acquired from her aunts). We then went to Great Lakes Bar where we stayed for about 5.5 hours. By the end of the night we all had tattoos (see below). I got a robot and the University High School crest. It was a mega fun night, even though Laura didn't do raptor. Happy birthday, you tender morsel!!



On a side note (and partly inspired by Trent's music review blog post), I just want to say that the new LCD Soundsystem album Sound of Silver (due out March 7th) is one of the best thing I've heard in a long time. The ultimate song 'New York I Love You' is, um, the ultimate. Let me know if you want a copy.

1 comment:

Jeffrey Max said...

I am going to stick up for Teddy Grahams, okay? They are not bad. America loves them. I've had the Annie's Organic Wheat-Based Flour Whole Earth Nutritional Nutrition Enviroment Love and Peace for a Generation Cookies so it's not like I'm uninformed. I'm just saying don't forget where you come from. You know? It's like when a basketball player gets big and has endorsement deals and sexual blowjobs from models he still remembers his Home-Dogs from the neighborhood. He rides on the team's jet to a game in San Antonio, and in the night, he looks out the airplane window and remembers playing street ball with Two-Bone and his brother Eye Socket. It is like that.